Monday, July 2, 2012

Momentum Monday: Reset Button

Hello Monday and hello short week!  Holidays are nice in that we have a shorter work week and my office typically lets us out a couple of hours early the day before if it falls during the week (not on a Monday).  So we all get to cut out early and start the festivities sooner!  YAY!


Though, just because it is a holiday doesn't mean it's a holiday from exercise.  I'm trying to re-wire that part of my psyche.  Just because it is a holiday/"day off" from work, doesn't mean it's a day off from life.  Le sigh  So on Wednesday I will still be waking up fairly early and doing my long run, my hubby even said he would run with me...though I'll believe it when I see it. ;)


Today is Momentum Monday and time for me to push my reset button.  I have fallen off the wagon and I'm struggling to catch up to get back on.  I haven't been running much at all (maybe once a week, the shame!!!  I KNOW!!) and I haven't been packing my lunches for work so I've been buying from my work cafeteria, not terrible but not the healthiest stuff I should be eating.  All of this really hit me this weekend when my clothes started to fit me differently and looking at my body in the mirror, I can tell that my body composition has changed.  I went to the doctor's last week for my yearly and my weight was about the same.  Though looking in the mirror, it appears that my muscle has gone down and been replaced with fat.  Ugh...all that work I did has been undone, crap.


So today I am hitting my reset button.  Instead of thinking about what I've done (and subsequently undone with my recent laziness lack of momentum), I am going to refocus on making my meals for the day the night before and getting my run and/or exercise in every. day.  Did you get that last one?  I'm going to make it my challenge in July to run at least 4-5 days a week and to do the 300 Core and Ab challenge.


I found it on Pinterest (that website is a time eater!!!) and tried the moves out.  HOLY LORD!!  They are crazy hard and you are SORE not just the next day, but almost immediately.


Why am I doing this?  I ask myself that same question!!  Because my core is no where near where I want it to be and to be an efficient runner, you should have a stable core.  Not just have a rock hard six pack, that's not what I'm looking for.  I'm wanting a good stable core so that I don't get so exhausted during my runs and lose my form so quickly. 


This also means I'm going to have to be accountable now that I've posted this.  Oh boy...here we go.  And it also means I will have to take before and after pictures too.  What?!?  Nobody said anything about taking pictures!  If I'm going to make it a true challenge and a goal, I have to be accountable and show you what I have and haven't done.  Though the pictures won't be posted until after, so you'll have to wait a month for those.  ;)


The momentum mantra for this week is:




Question: I've hit my reset button this week, are there any changes you'd like to make?  Have you hit your reset button before?

No comments:

Post a Comment