Monday, July 16, 2012

Sunday Things

So...my Sunday was pretty epic.  I won't say much, I'll just let my pictures do most of the talking.  So my hubby and I woke up and decided that making breakfast was just not in the cards.  So we decided to go have dim sum.

Then we went and did our shopping for the week at Costco.

 Today was an extra special day though.  The hubby and I were invited to a backyard performance from noneother than the lovely Shannon Curtis.  My best friend Katie (pictured below) put on this wonderful gathering with the wonderfully talented Shannon.
I had heard some of Shannon's work online, but it does not hold a candle to what we heard in person, not to mention she is a wonderful human being to boot.  I may or may not have a musical crush on this woman. :)



Her music made me want to sing again.  Side note: I used to be VERY involved in choral music and singing in general when I was in high school.  But when I went to college it all changed and I didn't focus at all in my vocal abilities.  This concert made me want to get back in touch with my vocal side and sing with all my heart and soul.  If you haven't heard Shannon Curtis before, go to iTunes and listen to her music.  She is an angel with lyrics that will tug at your heart strings.  Two words: anti-gravity.  It's not available yet, but when it is you will never listen to that song without shedding a tear.

The rest of the night was spent relaxing and trading stories with Shannon and her hubby, Jamie.  Here is a pic of me and the hubby...isn't he so cute!

 Then a great picture of me, my friend Katie who hosted the concert and Shannon herself.  LOVE these ladies!!!
Well that's it for me tonight.  Have a good one and I'll see you in the morning!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment