Monday, June 25, 2012

New theme to begin the week: Momentum Monday!

It's Monday and the beginning of another work week.  How was your weekend?  Mine was good, super busy and the weekend flew by as per normal, but more on that later.

So last week on Monday I was perusing blogs and imagine my embarrassment when I realized that FitFluential already has a "Motivation Monday".  Now I know that there are lots of buzz words that are used on blogs, but I never want to feel like I'm copying another blog or "riding their coat tails".  I want to do things for myself and if they work they work, and if they don't then they don't, and I go back to the drawing board.

So in light of that, I have decided to change my Monday theme, it's still the same mindset, just a different term for it.  Going forward, Mondays will now be called Momentum Mondays.

Momentum?  Why momentum?  Well I think the answer lies in the definition of the word.  Momentum (noun): the product of a body's mass and its velocity; the impetus of a body resulting from its motion; driving power or strength.

We all come into our Mondays still "bliss drunk" from our weekends and, at least for me, feel like I need something to help push me to get back into my week routine.  Wait, shouldn't I be doing the same thing during the weekend as I do during the week? Why am I taking a vacation from my routine every weekend?  Well I'm not perfect and I fall off my usual sleep schedule, stay up later and indulge in some things I wouldn't do so during the week.  So that is why I think momentum is appropriate for my Mondays now, just so that I can get back into motion, increasing my strength physically and fueling my emotional and mental power. 

So the momentum mantra for today and the week ahead is:


This is my mantra for this coming week.  I have fallen off the running wagon...HARD!  I let far too many things get in my way and keep me from running at all this week and I feel like a failure.  I've worked to keep consistent and to log runs and gradually increase my miles, but for some reason I just can't. get. my. ass. in. gear!  I feel like a faux runner having taken this break, like I'm a poser, and I hate that feeling with every fiber of my being.  I want to run, I need to run, I feel better when I run, why am I not running?  Where is my momentum? 

I guess Newton's Law of Motion really is true here, if an object (or body) is at rest, it continues in a state of rest.  However if an object (or body) is moving, it continues to move without turning or changing its speed and tends to move along a straight line path indefinitely.

My momentum goal this week is to get back into motion and to continue on my path for indefinite motion, and to no longer accept a continued state of rest. 

What is your momentum goal this week?  It can be simple like mine, to just get out and run, or it could be working on achieving a long time goal of yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment