Monday, June 11, 2012

Motivation Monday

I don't know about you, but Mondays are rough for me.

I've just come off a relaxing weekend and feel like I'm in this hangover stage where I'm tired and severely unmotivated.  I try to get myself in line for the next day by making my lunch and snacks the night before, but I don't sleep well at all Sunday nights.  Worrying about the week ahead, no doubt.   So I usually push the snooze button several times on Monday morning, get up out of bed later than I should, get ready in a mad dash, grab the food I packed the night before and stop by Starbucks on my way in to work because I didn't have enough time in the morning to make breakfast.  Whew, I'm tired just thinking about it. 

Mondays are also the days that I start my workout week up (I give myself a rest on Sundays).  So it is important that I get my workout clothes together to take to work to get my run in during lunch.  Some of the times I do run, most of the times I don't, leaving a two day gap between my runs.  No bueno, know why?  The more days I have between runs, the easier it becomes for me to make excuses not to run.  Whereas if I am running consistently my body craves the feeling it gets from the workout and I don't have to push myself too hard to get out the door for a run.  See the problem?

So in my quest to motivate myself to get out to run and try to combat my Monday sluggish feeling, I'm going to start a theme on my Monday posts.  Motivation Monday!  Clever, I know.  I thought of it all by myself.  I'll post some motivating quotes, quips and the like, in hopes I can motivate myself to get off my butt and go for a run, or a workout, or something that gets me moving.  And if I can help to motivate you in the process, then all the better!  I find that I can workout on my own just fine, but it's so much more fun with a group!  Will you join my group?


What motivates you?  Do you suffer from the "case of the Monday's" too?

No comments:

Post a Comment