Monday, September 24, 2012

Momentum Monday: Believe in Yourself

Believe in yourself. 

Three simple little words.  Little in size, huge in implication and implementation.

In short, easier said than done.

The world around us, much like the athletic world, is highly competitive.  You need to prove your worth by what you can provide, show, prove.  Proof.  Powerful word, huh?  Proof of your strength.  Proof of your work.  Proof of your accomplishments.  Proof of your worth by actions that have created something that is great and organically your own.

So how do you get to that stature?  How do you get to that point, that pinnacle?  Drive is a large aspect, you have to want it, to go after it, to crave it, to hunger for that chase that will get you to where you need to be.  That fire in your belly (and I'm not talking about heartburn) that reminds you there is something greater out there you are striving for, to accomplish, to be.

But is that all?  Is that it?  I have the want, the crave, the hunger, that fire in my belly to get what I want.  Yet I fail at achieving that pinnacle I so long for.  What else could I be missing?  Then I stumbled up on this and decided to make this today's Momentum Monday, I think we all need this now and again:




Belief.

People who succeed believe in themselves, believe that they can do what they set out to do and that nothing will deter them from getting to that coveted point they strive for.  They don't care what anyone else is doing or if others don't believe that they can do it.  Their own belief in themselves and their goal is enough to sustain them and fuel that fire.

Then why don't we believe in ourselves?  Why don't I believe in myself?  I'm guessing it is easier to listen to all the negative feedback and comments you get and hold them as truths.  We hold onto those truths that we can't be who or what we want to be, like it's an old familiar blanket keeping us warm with disdain.  We need to shed that blanket, we need to stop letting those old beliefs have power, we need to stop getting in our own ways and let ourselves believe that we can do better, we can be better and we can acheive what we want. 

Because I believe.  Because you believe.  Because we believe, in ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment