Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Homeopathic Remedy

I like to try and find natural ways to deal with ailments instead of relying on over the counter or prescription medications.  The reason being is that at first your body reacts to the medication in a favorable way by treating the ailment.  Then your body begins to shed the ailment only when the medication is administered, not to mention your body builds a tolerance and before you know it you need twice the original dose you took before in order to get rid of the ailment.  It's crazy cycle that we are all unwittingly too familiar with.

I bring this up because this weekend I was able to share some knowledge with total strangers on how to naturally get rid of acid reflux, a common and painful ailment people, mostly women it seems, are prone to recently.

When I was at the "expo" (I used the word loosely as it was just a group of tents offering samples/leaflets) for the Iron Girl, the company Honest Tea was there.  They were giving out samples of a few flavors and to my pleasant surprise they had my favorite flavor Pomegranate Blue.


I was standing there talking with the ladies that manned the booth about why I love this juice, I randomly mentioned that I use this juice to combat my occasional acid reflux.  They were both totally baffled and intrigued, and they asked me to explain.  There was even a family standing next to me and the mother looked at me and asked for me to explain as well.  So I told them my recipe.

Pour over ice, 4oz of Pomegranate Blue Honest Tea juice and mix in 1 teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar.  Drink quickly or through a straw.  Repeat twice a day, in the morning after you wake up and before you go to bed, for as many days as your symptoms occur.  I like to drink this before I brush my teeth so I can clean the apple cider vinegar off my teeth.

I used to take Prilosec and Omeprazole and it would take 2 weeks for my acid reflux symptoms to completely disappear.  With this concoction, it takes no more than 5 days for my symptoms to go away and I feel the effects almost immediately with the first dose. 
The secret is the apple cider vinegar, there have been numerous studies about the positive impacts this has on your body and it's function.  So for all of you that like to try non-medication relief to your ailments, try this out and tell me what you think.  This helps for indigestion as well.  I know you are probably thinking that adding vinegar to acid isn't a good thing.  Well if you don't believe me, just google acid reflux + apple cider vinegar, you'll get different measurements for the drink, but the relieving effects are the same and there are tons of people that have experienced the same benefit as I have.

One word of caution: don't breathe in while drinking.  I'll be honest, apple cider vinegar stinks, hence why I brush my teeth AFTER I drink it.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment