Thursday, October 11, 2012

"The Jam" Thursday - What is blowing up my iPod

Today is the second run of my scheduled training for Week Two of my half marathon training schedule.  I'll have a recap about my training this week tomorrow, but today is "The Jam" Thursday where I feature another song that is blowin' up my iPod.

This one kinda took me by surprise.  I just started listening to this album and this song just stuck out to me.  It's got a great beat and a catchy chorus.  This song motivates me when I run especially because there are issues she "discusses" that are true for anyone that has a goal or passion and have those around you that don't/won't support you.  I've never been a huge fan of rap, but this chick has got it going on!  She can rap and sing, as I have featured another one of her songs on an earlier TJT post.

So today's featured jam is:


Like I said above, I'm not a huge fan of rap, but when I run I listen to anything that motivates me.  The lyrics talk about not listening to nay-sayers and doing what you want to do because you have that drive and focus.  That there are friends that say they support you, but in the same breath will tear down your goals.  This song motivates me when I run especially because there are always more people that will try to make you doubt yourself and your goals, than try to help build you up and support you.  That's why I love this song, it's about a strong female doing what she wants the way she wants to do it and still being true to herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment