Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Running Tip Jar

I had seen this idea on another bloggers site, I thought it was Amalia, but I couldn't find the post I'd read with it.  So I'm giving her props to giving me the idea anyway.  (Thanks Amalia!!!)

I'm running the Princess Half Marathon in Disney World in February and I'm really excited and totally petrified about it.  I'm worried that I won't physically be able to handle the long run and therefore I'm really focusing on my training.  So I've been trying to figure out ways to encourage myself to stick to my training schedule and somehow get a reward from it.  (As if going to Disney World for the race isn't a reward enough, right?)

So I decided that I will give myself a "tip" everytime I complete a scheduled run.  So I created this bright tip jar that sits out very prominently to remind me of my run schedule!






Isn't it just fun?!?  The more I run, the more money I have for fun!  That way when I go to WDW for the race weekend, I have money I've already accumulated to use to buy goodies at the race expo and other fun stuff while I'm there!  The "tips" range anywhere from $1 to $5.  Right now I've been giving myself $5, I've had some difficult runs and I need the encouragement! So that means if I can keep up my scheduled runs for the rest of my schedule until the race, I'll be able to have fun and get goodies without breaking the bank!  Something I'm sure the hubs is liking! 

Question for you:  Is there something that you do to help encourage you to keep up with a training routine/schedule?  Do you reward yourself?  What is your reward?

2 comments: