Monday, December 2, 2013

Momentum Monday: A Cause

Happy Monday! Not only is it Cyber Monday (who of you are shopping online today?) but it is also the first Monday of December. Yes, I didn't stutter. We are in December now, one more month left in this year, can you BELIEVE that?!?! Where has this year gone?!? I swear it has just flown by and it will be 2014 before you know it.

I know it has been a while since I've posted a Momentum Monday, I have felt the absence of it and wanted to apologize. I am not training for anything right now, but that doesn't mean others aren't. I'm jealous of all my east coast friends whose race schedules are just now starting to peak, whereas the races over on the west coast are starting to dwindle, well at least in the PNW.

I can't wait to get back out running again, I really miss the time and mileage that I had to myself and with friends. My legs yearn for that sore feeling again. I've had dreams about running. Sadly waking to find that it was just a dream. It has given me more time to think about what I want to do and what I am wanting to accomplish with my running when I am able to again. More on that in another post.

In the absence of training, my focus has been working on myself, being a better person in general and refocusing on what is important in life and what is "fluff". It's both easy and tough to decipher which is which, because society tends to make us want to believe that the "fluff" stuff is important in life. So when I saw this quote, I thought it was nice to help bring us down to earth a bit during one of the most hectic times of year. Today's Momentum Monday is:


I struggle with this quite frequently, especially with this blog. I started it because I wanted to keep accountable with my journey and share whatever pitfalls I had with those of you who wanted to follow along. However the more engrossed I got into the fitness community online, the more competitive it got and if you weren't doing this or promoting that it seemed like you wouldn't get a following and would be brushed off as someone who isn't serious about fitness. I got swept up in it and I just couldn't keep up with the race, and you know what, I'm okay with that because that isn't my focus. My focus is to be accountable and to share experiences with those that are experiencing what I'm going through, have yet to experience it or had at one time experienced it and can give advice. A supportive community is what is most important and what I hope to leave as my lasting impression here in my little space in the blogging community.

No comments:

Post a Comment