Thursday, November 21, 2013

"The Jam" Thursday and blowing a little steam

It's Thursday again my friends, one more day until the weekend. WOOHOO!! Anyone else as excited as me? I'm just looking forward to sleeping in this weekend. I'm sooooo tired. This baby is really zapping my energy lately. I'm usually good through the day, but once I get home all I want to do is sleep, then getting up in the morning is super tough, thus starting the cycle again.

This weekend is also my baby shower! SQUEEEEEEE!!!! Can I just tell you how ridiculously excited I am about it? I'm so excited to see my lovely friends! That's what I'm most excited about, is spending time with some great ladies I haven't seen in a while. You know how it is, life is busy for us all and makes it tough to get together as often as you'd like to, and you don't get to spend as much time with them. I may only get a couple of hours with these ladies, but it will make the occassion that much more special. Besides, my house is only a couple of minutes away from the party, so if they want to continue to visit afterwards the party can move to my house! Woot!

Can you believe that Thanksgiving is in one week?!? Where has the time gone? It feels like this month didn't even exist, it went by so fast!!! We are just over a month away from Christmas and less than 6 weeks away from the New Year!!! Goodnight! Man...how quickly this year has passed. So many things (good and bad) happened this year and still so many great things in this year to come.

Part of the things that weren't good, but not really bad just an annoying part of life that happened this year is kinda what spurred on today's jam selection. Time to get a bit frank here. My friends, family and myself included have encountered lots of pressure of different kinds and judgement from people who have no business in judging others. I know this happens to everyone in everyday life, but I feel like this year has been especially bad. I don't know if it's because of my current state (pregnant) or if it's society norms in general, but it seems that everyone has an opinion on how I should run my life and telling me what is best for me. Same thing goes with instances my friends and family have encountered too.


Don't you think that the individual who is in the situation has a better handle on what is best for them? Ponder that for a moment...go ahead...I can wait.

I know people try to be helpful and pass on advice from what has worked for them or give insight on experiences they may have been through. But there is a fine line between sharing experience lessons and dictating to someone how they should live their lives. Everyone says to put on a smile and be gracious when people do this and just promptly forget about it and move on. But why? Why should I be gracious to someone that is saying I'm doing everything wrong and I'm going to ruin my life and the lives of others around me?

F that noise. This is where my patience runs dry.

There is no "one size fits all" way to do things, if you don't like what that person is doing in their life, then shut your trap. You don't have to approve or like what other people do with their lives, but you'd better damn well respect their choices.

So the jam for today is a way for me to kinda blow a little steam without taking it out on anyone. You'll thank me later. :)  So todays jam is:

 
 
Yes, this song was released in 1995 which is 18 years ago, but the lyrics are pretty relevant still. It's got a great beat and for those that add this to their run playlist, you can thank me later. I get a surge of energy from this song, not sure if it's the hook or the chorus, but it just energizes me. I tend to run a bit faster during this song, maybe I should put this at the end of my run, it may help me push through. HA! Regardless, take a listen and a trip down memory lane with this throwback jam. And remember this, you will always be pressured and people will try to influence what goes on in your life, but it's your choice on whether you let that effect you and your decisions.

2 comments:

  1. Lena, have a fantastic shower!!! So excited for you! Unfortunately, you probably are noticing it more because it happens more once you have kids. People will come out of the woodwork to tell you how to do it "right". You have to stay true to your own heart and your own relationship with your kid(s) and try to take other opinions for what they are...just opinions! (including this one! LOL)! As your kids get older, it only gets worse, well, until you show people that you just don't care about their opinions and you are confident in your own choices! Then they start coming to you for advice. LOL. Have a great shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, have a great time at your shower and enjoy your company!

    ReplyDelete