Thursday, December 5, 2013

"The Jam" Thursday

Hello Thursday, it's good to see you again. Let's try to be kind to one another and get me to the weekend safely, sound good?

I woke up this morning to some lovely tweets from my BRF's on the east coast, I love those women! They know how to brighten my day for sure. Another day brightener came in the form of winning a drawing for a race entry! It was announced last night from a local company Gametiime, I had entered to win an entry to the Seattle Jingle Bell Run/Walk and I won a free entry! How exciting! This is my raceversary race and I look forward to it each year.

What is a raceversary race? Well it is the race that you hallmark as the beginning of your racing "relationship"/career/whathaveyou. This will be the third time I am set to run this race, celebrating two years of my love of running and looking forward to my third year that will be an interesting transition back to running after baby. So much to be thankful for and look forward to!

So this means I have one more race to do before baby arrives next month. Yes, I will be careful, no, I will not push myself and yes, I will most likely walk most of the course. I can only do what the baby will allow me to do and I'm not going to push it! This is a celebration race, not one I'm trying to PR!
So with all the excitement and feel good vibes I've gotten today, I wanted to share a jam that I'm really digging right now. I've followed this artist way before he got his big break in a boy band and then onto his highly successful solo career. This jam in particular I groove to EVERY TIME it comes on. It harkens back to the days in music I love and reminds me of the beats from one of my favorite albums, Off The Wall by Michael Jackson. The groove of this song just gets me moving and I can't help but dance, wherever I am. So I present todays "jam":

 
 
This song has such a great dance beat to it, with this richness and depth that is added by the strings and horn section. I seriously have to move/groove/shake my booty every time I hear it. Music isn't made like this anymore so it was a nice surprise to hear this from JT, but then again he has always had a penchant for MJ's music and dance style. Take a listen and maybe you'll add this to a playlist of yours. Regardless, have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment