Thursday, January 24, 2013

"The Jam" Thursday - What is blowing up my iPod

Ah...my Thursday/Friday is here once again.  Oh how I adore three day weekends.  It's the only thing that keeps me sane when I work my insane hours during the week.  They also allow me to decompress and really gear up for my long runs on the weekend.  For some reason I always feel rushed when I work on Friday and get up early on Saturday for my long run, does that happen to anyone else?

You may have noticed that race talk is really starting to pick up on here.  With the race 32 days away the anticipation and excitement are really starting to build up.  I'm so nervous, excited, thrilled, cautious, geeking out over this race weekend, that it's pretty much all I think about lately.  The training has really helped me to feel stronger and more confident about me and my ability to run this race.  A feat I thought was insurmountable, is now well within my grasp.  It's such a great feeling.

Which is actually a great intro to "The Jam" for this week.  It's from an artist that I've watched and listened to from the very moment they were discovered.  She's got such a powerful voice and I just love her.  Today's "jam" is:




The lyrics are pretty powerful and the beat is a great motivator.  I like to listen to this when I need a little (okay...a lot!) encouragement towards the end of my long run.  Plus it's a bit of a double entendre when speaking of listening this during a workout.  HA!  I hope you enjoy the listen and have an awesome Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment