Wednesday, February 6, 2013

15 days and counting down to Run Disney!

It feels just like yesterday that I wrote this blog post counting down 5 weeks to my first half marathon, the Princess Half Marathon in Disney World.  Now...it is 15 days until I am on property and 18 days until the day of the race.



I knew that time would go by quickly, just didn't realize how quickly it would go by!
 
I am now in my final training weeks and actually have my longest run to date planned for this weekend, the full 13.1 miles.  Yep, I'm going to run the distance before I race the distance.  Come to think of it, this is the first time I've actually ran the distance in training that I was going to run in racing.  I'm good at putting the cart before the horse, most times. :)
 
I'm nervous and excited about running this distance this weekend.  Knowing that I have gotten almost to this distance in previous runs and knowing that I will be racing this distance for real in a couple of weeks, has me buzzing with energy.  I'm so excited I'm antsy.
 
I am already making my packing list and putting stuff aside to put in my luggage.  I'm not going to break out my luggage until next weekend.  I don't think I could handle looking at my luggage for two weeks in anticipation.  I am such an organizer that I already have my schedule laid out on paper of meet-ups I'm going to, parks I want to visit and expo times.

I'm also gathering intel from other Run Disney runners on what to do about the expo.  I'm an expo rookie in general and I hear that Run Disney puts on one hell of an expo, so I want to know what to do first so I don't miss out on any good stuff.  I have a feeling I'm going to be going home with an overweight piece of luggage from all the goodies I'm going to be hopefully buying.  Sigh...runners problems.

The time is coming soon and I'm so excited for the weekend that I can barely stand it!  I know the time leading up to this race weekend has flown by, meaning that weekend will also follow suit and fly by as well; that I'm not looking forward to! :( 

All in all, there are 15 days left until my half marathon weekend begins.  I better buckle up because I think it's going to be a fast and furious ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment