Thursday, September 26, 2013

"The Jam" Thursday

The cool grip of Fall has wrapped itself around the Pacific Northwest. It is official, Fall is here.

The air has that crisp bite to it. It's not cold, but there is definitely a chill to it. The breeze is coming from a different direction than the summer breeze and whips through the trees rustling the leaves and breaking them free from their branches. Leaves are starting to turn colors, the once lush green leaves blanketing the trees are now turning colors of amber, gold and burnt orange. The sight of fireplace stacks eeking out essences of smoke from the fires that fill their chambers, warming the homes against the crisp fall air that creeps through their windows. The smell of mulling cider and pumpkin treats baking waft delicately through the air, beckoning you to come inside and stay a while.

I love all the sensory sensations that come with this time of year, it seriously unleashes all my literature major writing when I think about and describe it. This time of year feels like syrup is poured over life and everything kind of slows down from the bustle and manic time of the summer. People tend to stay indoors more and gather together to visit. I know it must seem like overkill, but I really do love this time of year, if you couldn't figure that out already. Especially if you follow me on Pinterest, I have a whole board dedicated to Fall recipes which are dominated by pumpkin. I love baking with pumpkin, but not drinking it. The Pumpkin Spice flavors for coffee just don't appeal to me. But give me a slice of pumpkin bread and I'm putty in your hands!!!

Okay...enough of talking about Fall, onto our "jam" for today! I will have to admit that I didn't want to like this song when it first came out a few years ago, but I grew to like it and still hear it on the radio quite frequently still, three times this morning on my short commute to work! It's a good one to get you pumped up!

So today's "jam" is:
 
 
Like I said, it is a catchy tune and you can't help but want to groove to it. It's good to dance to, to run to and just listen to while driving. So enjoy the beats and have a great Thursday!!!

2 comments:

  1. I seriously love fall too and I have been drooling over all the pumpkin stuff you pin! LOL. We're having a little warm spell here (low 80s) but I can still SMELL fall in the air!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just LOVE that! When you can smell when the seasons are changing. I hope you get your fall weather soon!!!

      Delete