Thursday, September 19, 2013

"The Jam" Thursday

Oh it's Thursday, so bittersweet, considering I woke up thinking it was Friday to be disappointed upon realizing that today was actually Thursday.

Bummer.

Regardless, when I woke up it was pitch black and cold in the house. Summer has left the PNW and fall is finally here!!! Fall is my favorite time of year. So many great things happen during this season, it makes me giddy with excitement! Sunshine and crisp cool breeze, leaves changing colors and crunching under your feet, football and tailgating (not for me this year), pumpkin spice flavor/scented everything and cozy evenings by the fire. All these things happen during the fall up here and make me so happy. Warm fuzzies people, warm fuzzies. 

So as I'm sitting here wrapped in my thoughts of the coming fall, it's time for me to share my "jam" of the week. This one has been on the airwaves for a while now and I've been waiting for an official music video to come out so I can feature on here. But nothing "official" has been released by the artisits, so this is what I have to share with you. It's a great song, with a fun funkadelic beat to it that you can't help but want to groove to when it comes on. I have visions of people roller skating in leisure suits and spandex body suits with leg warmers. So cliche...but that's what I see in my head when I think of a video for this song.

So today's "jam" is:
 
 
This duo has been around for a long time and it's great to see them pumping out more hits. I really enjoy this song with its upbeat energy and funky baseline. Pharrell seems to be hitting the scene enmasse as well between this hit and his other song with Robin Thicke. It's a great collaboration and a great song to add to your list. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I.LOVELOVELOVE.Fall! Favorite season and I cannot wait for the leaves to start falling! Today is actually the last day of a minor heatwave here, but I can see it will be cooling right back off and I'm so looking forward to it! Get Lucky is a super popular song in my house right now, the guys like it more than the girls, but I can get my funk on if needed! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEsterday was pretty toasty for us too, but there is definitely a wet and cold trend coming our way. Rain all weekend and next week, I think Fall is finally here!
      Oh...and I'm sure you can get your funk on when you need to. ;)

      Delete