Monday, September 9, 2013

Momentum Monday: Taking a break

Sorry I have been absent from posting this past week and a half. I was in Anaheim for the Disneyland Half marathon weekend, having the time of my life with my hubby and running friends. I will post my total trip and recaps this coming week.
 
Then after that fun filled-sleep deprived trip, I came home and it was my anniversary and now we are celebrating my hubby's birthday on the coast. To say I've been busy lately would be an understatement. So that is why I made my own Momentum Monday today instead of using someone else's words.
 
"All things in life in moderation, even the activities you enjoy the most. Taking a break can give you focus and appreciation for what you have and what you have accomplished."
 
I have taken a short break from blogging and running to be able to appreciate what I have (my family and friends) and what I have accomplished (my third half in my first year of running this distance and earning my Coast to Coast medal).
 
It doesn't mean I love doing this any less, I just feel that sometimes things get so routine that there is no spontaneity and fun/silliness. That is my fault. I want my recaps to portray the same excitement and fun I had while making the memories, as I have retelling the stories.
My time away isn't for much longer and I can't wait to share the stories and pictures I have from that trip. There is so much good stuff and great people I met. I can't wait to share. But for now, I wish you a fantastic Monday and a great start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. Makes perfect sense! I didn't feel like I was missing you since I stalked you on FB, Twitter, and Instagram for the race! LOL. I hope you guys have a fabulous time on the coast! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly I must confess while I have missed your blogging, I didn't realize you were really taking a break. I'm trying to balance life with me working 20hrs/wk and my blog reading has flown out the window for now.

    ReplyDelete