Thursday, July 4, 2013

"The Jam" Thursday - Holiday Edition

Happy 4th of July everyone!  I hope you all are having a great day hanging out with family and friends, enjoying each others company and celebrating our country! Please also be safe out there, some people have too much fun and make poor decisions. So please be careful and watch over each other!

Today is a day off (yay!) and it's the "jam" Thursday (yay yay!) so I was trying to find a song that is fun to run to and possibly has a theme that's somewhat patriotic.  Well, I wouldn't really dub it patriotic per se, but it is a fun song (though I can't believe I'm admitting this). It's a song done by a singer that has seen her image go from squeaky clean to that of constant tabloid fodder. She hasn't even released music in years and no longer performs, yet I see her being reported on daily.  Oh well...to the music right!?!

Today's "jam" is:



This song was released 4 years ago, but I still hear it being played occasionally and I've heard it most recently on the movie "Pitch Perfect", maybe that's where I got the idea for using this song today. I can't remember. I will admit, I do rock out to this song when it comes on, it's so easy to sing along to. Like I eluded to above, I'm not a fan of this singer, though I think she would have a good career if she cleaned herself up a bit. But then again we all love train wreck stars, right? This song is good to groove to and to run to, maybe you have it on your playlist already, maybe you'll think of adding it now, or maybe it's not your cup of tea. Whichever you decide, I hope you at least take a listen and have a bit of fun.  Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

  1. I really can't stand Miley but her music is so catchy. This is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so there with you on both of your statements!

      Delete