Thursday, March 28, 2013

"The Jam" Thursday - what is blowing up my iPod

It is Thursday and I feel like I've accomplished nothing this week.  I've been battling the flu hardcore this week.  It has left me feeling extremely fatigued and motivationless all week.  All I want to do is sleep, which I know would be a good thing since my body is working so hard to fight this bug off.  So consequently, I haven't run at all this week and I'm feeling so guilty about it.  I'm hoping I feel better on Saturday so I can get a nice leisurely 6 mile run in and start to build up my mileage again.  Until then though, I will be resting as much as possible the next couple of days.

Today is "The Jam" Thursday and time for me to share a song that has gotten my booty bumping and my legs pumping.  Today's "jam" I heard earlier this week and can't get it out of my head.  It is a throwback jam from an artist that is one of the greats!  I'm glad I heard it again because it's on my playlist now and I can't wait to take it out with me on my run on Saturday!

Today's "jam" is:


 
 
How can you not want to get up and groove to this song?  This album was released in 1979 and is still a classic!  The songs on here still speak to the masses and the beat can still get your booty shaking.  I LOVE this album and think it was one of his best!  Think what you like, but Michael Jackson is the consumate performer.  Enjoy and Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! 80s music is my favorite to run to, I had Thriller pop up on my pandora the other day, that was a fun one to run to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beat for 70's and 80's music is at a much faster tempo and EASY to run to. It's also high energy, feel good music, maybe not so much with the lyrics at times, but the beat is really good!
      Thriller is another good one!

      Delete