Thursday, March 7, 2013

"The Jam" Thursday - What is blowing up my iPod

Oh Thursday, you saucy wench, we meet again.

I'm SO glad that today is my Friday (LOVE three day weekends!) because I would not be able to bear one more day of work.  This week has been quite trying and I'm looking forward to my run tonight and my long run on Saturday to shake off this stress!  Woo hoo!!

Since I'm on a Princess Half Marathon recap kick this week, I wanted to share that same love with my "jam" post today!

Today's "jam" is an oldie but definitely a goodie!  Anyone who was in Corral C (C stands for Courage!) for the Princess Half Marathon will know this song, as this was our send off song.  We sang along and almost overpowered the soundtrack at the start line.  Totally brilliant.

Today's "jam" is:



I love that when I hear this song now I think of the thousands of people grouped up in Corral C in the dark singing their lungs out along with this song in anticipation of the start of their race journey.  The energy was electric and the excitement was palpable.  It still makes me smile and get goosebumps when I think about those few minutes before our fireworks went off and we were let loose onto that course.  This song will now be in my song list just for that reason alone, to harness that excitement and energy if only for a few minutes as I remember back.

1 comment:

  1. I need to send you the video of Chris singing journey with corral c!! lol

    ReplyDelete