Thursday, April 11, 2013

"The Jam" Thursday - What is blowing up my iPod

It's Thursday and a couple of really cool things have happened to make today a pretty good day. 

First, is I went to a new chiropractor last night and finally got adjusted.  YYYAAAAYYY!!!  I've been dealing with back pain for a week and a half now with minimal relief, it was slowly getting better, but had stalled out the past couple of days.  So off to find a new chiro, since mine went out of business, and see if getting adjusted would help my back get better more efficiently.




The doctor had me do some movement exercises and stretches to get an idea of where my problems were and we were both in agreement that it was my hips.  So he did some stretching adjustments, which I had never had before and felt MUCH better than the normal harsher manual adjustments, and felt the cracking all the way down my back and into my hips.  He also sent me home with stretches and exercises to get my core muscles stronger as that is one of the main culprits for my hips having as much trouble as they do.  Also considering how much I run as well, having a stronger core is a good idea.

Then after the adjustments were over he had me get up and walk around and INSTANTLY I was feeling better.  It really was amazing how much my range of motion and balance had improved. I didn't realize how off my balance was because of this issue.  So I've been doing my stretches and exercises because I don't want to feel like this again!


Second, I got free tickets to the Mariner's game tonight!  WOO HOO!!  I got 4 free tickets to the Terrace Club level, totally fancy schmancy.  The seats are larger and plushy, not the hard plastic seats.  There are also tons of concessions in the club and the ability to order food and drinks by your phone and have it delivered to your seats by a waitress.  WHA!?!  Score!!!  So tonight I'm going to watch the Seattle Mariners take on the Texas Rangers in quite the swanky part of the ballpark.  Don't worry, I won't let it get to my head, I can't afford these tickets otherwise so I'm soaking it up tonight!

Which now leads me to today, it's "The Jam" Thursday!  It's where I feature a song that gets my booty bumping and my legs pumping!  Today's "jam" is a couple of years old, but I love it and turn it up everytime I hear it on the radio.  The artist is not someone you hear on the radio all the time, but this song was pretty popular for a while.  I love the catchy hook and the melody is easy to sing along to as well. 

So today's "jam" is:

 
 
I enjoy this song, it's fun and it just has a good beat.  It's great to listen to on a run and fun to dance to where ever.  Enjoy the song and have a great Thursday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that song too. I might need to add it to my running playlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it for your running playlist. I frequently find myself jamming out to it on my runs!

      Delete
  2. Fun song! I'll have to remember to add it to my playlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I like introducing people to new music! Enjoy!

      Delete