Thursday, December 6, 2012

"The Jam" Thursday - What is blowing up my iPod

It's Thursday and December is FLYING by for me, how about for anyone else?  This week has been busy with the ramp up to holiday gatherings, shopping and in my case, continuing with training.  I have my race-iversary is this Sunday with the Seattle Jingle Bell Dash and I'm both excited and nervous for the race.  Excited because I will be re-running my first race, but nervouse because I will be re-running my first race and I'm hoping to have a good finish time.  I also realized that this is the last race of the year and last race before my half marathon in February. 

So today's "jam" is one that I'd heard for the first time on SNL when he performed it when he was hosting.  I was on the fence about the song when I heard it then, but it has grown on me to the point where I'm belting out the song right along with the radio and iPod.  This has been a fun addition to my list and I'm excited to share with all of you.

So I bring to you todays "jam":


I love his soul and funk beats that he brings into this song.  He's got a real natural talent that makes you appreciate singing and showmanship, not the contrived or auto-tuned "singing" we get with artist nowadays.  This is a fun and good energy pumper when you need a pick me up during a longer run.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment