Monday, December 24, 2012

Momentum Monday: Be strong and my 100th post!


This little saying above is pretty much right on with how I feel right now.  I have been battling a stomach/GI issue for three weeks now and I didn't know if I was ever going to feel like I could or would be able to run again.  I've had to be strong in my resolve to get better and be brave when I was at my lowest points.

I am now one day post run after an 18 day hiatus and it feels great.  To be sore again is, ironically, a wonderful feeling.  Though I am feeling very reserved about not "jinxing" the whole situation with how I'm feeling, I know that this is a personal victory for me, and I'm humbled by it.

It's been three weeks since I had done a long run of any sort and I am amazed and humbled at how the body can do such great things.  On Sunday, I was able to pound out 6 miles at about normal pace for me...and not fall apart.  Don't get me wrong, my hips were screaming at me.  But I didn't feel like I was going to die or that it was an insurmountable task.  I was able to run it and finish with enough energy to possibly run more miles, not like I would, let's not get too crazy now!  I am amazed at what my body has been able to accomplish and it still wows me.

I have 9 miles up next on my training schedule and I'm so excited to attach that run.  I felt amazing yesterday after my run and I loved how it feels to knock out those long runs again!


This post also marks my 100th post!  WOOHOO for milestones!  It has been a fun ride blogging in my little corner of the world and I've met some really amazing people along the way.  Thank you for following with me on my journey, I couldn't ask for a more welcoming, supportive and friendly community!  You all are amazing!  Thank you!!!

With that being said, I wish you joy and happiness on this Christmas Eve.  Happy Holidays to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment