Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Mojo: Time to Run

Ah Monday, we meet again. Why are you so difficult? I was having a lovely weekend and then you had to barge in and ruin the party. Someone needs to teach you about social graces, seriously!

So last week was some time for me to get healed and feeling better. I've been struggling with nagging hip issues and it got worse over a week ago, keeping me from running a race completely. So I spent some time at my chiropractors this past week getting adjusted and I also started working on my back and core strengthening exercises again. This is especially vital because this will help me to stabilize my hips and keep them strong so I have fewer painful relapses.

Today I hit the pavement...with my shoes that is. I will be running for the first time in forever, it feels. I'm nervous and cautious all at the same time. I know I have a lot of ground to make up on my training to get me ready for Double Dare weekend in August, but I also know that I need to start out slow so I don't injure myself in the process. Low and slow. Keep the miles low and run them slow.

Today's mojo is a reflection of what I am doing today. I'm getting back in the saddle again as of this week. I'm starting to feel better physically and I have a game plan on training and nutrition (needing to get that back on track too! Sheesh!) So my quote for today is: 

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's time to run. It is time to get out there and start again. I know earlier I said I was nervous...scratch that. I'm terrified. I have no idea what to expect or how my body will react. I'm all kinds of scared here. I just need to get out there, clear my mind and let my body work. Then I can see where I'm at physically and start working on tailoring my training accordingly. 

I'm about to embark on an uphill battle...and I hate hill training. Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment