Thursday, May 9, 2013

"The Jam" Thursday and some bling!

It's Thursday! Wait...it's only Thursday? Man! Has this week been long for anyone else or is it just me? On Tuesday it felt like it should have been Friday! Well this week is almost over, finally, and that means it's time for another Thursday "jam".  But not before I share some news released yesterday.

So back in January I registered for the Disneyland Half Marathon weekend and more importantly, the highly talked about inaugural Dumbo Double Dare Challenge where you run the inaugural 10k race on Saturday and the half marathon on Sunday. If completed, you get the medals for both of those events AND a special challenge medal. Same premise as the Goofy Challenge during WDW Marathon weekend in January.

So for months there has been talk and speculation of what the medals will look like and when they will release the images for them.  Well the day was yesterday! I was wondering that since the Everest race had happened recently and there are no other races between that and the Disneyland Half weekend, that the announcement would come soon (don't want to take attention away from pending races). All I have to say is that runDisney outdid themselves with these medals, check these beauties out!

The medallion for the 5k, which I also signed up for, is just so stinking cute! LOVE the concept and it's just too much fun! The 10k medal next to it (I'm so glad it's a medal and not a plastic medallion, good form runDisney!) is just too much fun! Love the Tea Cups ride at Disney and love that this theming was used for the medal! The Disneyland Half medal is next to that, and man is that some piece of hardware! It looks great and love that it has the year on the medal and not just on the lanyard. Then next to that is the coveted Dumbo Double Dare medal. They did a FANTASTIC job conceptualizing this beauty! LOVE that there is color on the medal and the circus them on the medal and lanyard is brilliantly done. Like I said, I love ALL of the medals that were unveiled and can't wait to get these in Aug/Sept!

So todays "jam" I really fought with about posting. It's a new song that I liked and thought the singer who is featured on this song was someone else and not...Justin Bieber. Ugh. I am not a fan of him or his songs, but this one seems to work, marginally.  If it weren't for the beat and stylings of will.i.am, I don't think I would listen to this song at all. So without further ado, please find todays "jam":

 
 
So I was surprised that it was Justin Bieber and he still looks a bit out of place in the video, but the song itself is a catchy tune and one that I will be adding to my running playlist. I've always been a fan of will.i.am, he really has an ear for what is relevant and coming up.  So I'm always pleasantly surprised when more music is released by him. Hope you all can take a listen and let me know what you think! Have a great Thursday and hope you have some great plans coming up for the next couple of days!

12 comments:

  1. I was so excited to see the Dumbo medal! After seeing the image on the Dumbo training plan, I've been really hoping that was going to be the medal. I'm still bumme I won't be out in Cali with all of you running DDd, I'll just be living vicariously through all the tweets instead.

    Fun song! I'll have to add it to my playlist too. Not a Bieber fan either, but it's got a great beat. What's up with the Hammer Pants?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm bummed you won't be there too!! The medals are great indeed! Don't worry, you know me, I'll be tweeting it up like whoa!

      I'm glad you enjoy the song! I agree about the Hammer pants, I was confused when I was watching the video. A tad strange.

      Delete
  2. Bwahahaaaa! As I was reading, I was thinking...what could be so hard about posting a song? Then I kept reading and went... OH! Now I get it! I don't care for him either, but sometimes a song or two of his is catchy and I just have to overlook that it's him. ;) That bling is going to be heavy and look FANTASTIC around your neck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...not a Bieber fan in the least, but I really do enjoy this song, so I have to get over that tiny little fact.

      That bling is going to make me look like Flavor Flav when I have it all on at the same time for my "in front of the castle" photo op! It's gonna be awesome!!!

      Delete
  3. I really wish I was running this race! After seeing the medals, I am lusting after them!! They are so cute! Maybe next year! I am pretty packed with races in the next few months, and money is tight --> Tink AND PHM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Total bling lust!! I know I'm going to be that way when I see the Dopey Challenge medals revealed. I'll get them in 2015 for sure!

      YES! You should come out for Dumbo next year, I'm hoping to be "perfect" in this challenge, so I'll be there every year!

      Tink and PHM is going to be SO FUN this year! You're going to have a great time!

      Delete
  4. So excited!! We're gonna have a fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I really can't wait for that weekend to get here. But then again, I can. I'm not ready to run a half yet!!!

      Delete
  5. I'm so excited for Dumbo and all the bling! My first DL 1/2 medal will always be my favorite, but I think this 10k will come in close second- I love all the details! Less than 4 months! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Kim! This will be my first DL 1/2 so I'm REALLY excited to see what it's like to run in Anaheim compared to Orlando.
      The 10K medal is so freaking adorable I can't even stand it! These 4 months are going to crawl by and fly by all at the same time!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Aren't those medals just SO MUCH FUN!?!?! Next year you have to come out and run this race so you can get your very own set! And C2C since you will have run Goofy!!!

      Delete